Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hello from Tokyo

Hello family, friends and random web surfers. Welcome to my blog. This will be a fun way to share my Japan trip with you and also create a record for myself. A mix of jet-lag, procrastination and exploration have kept me from posting until now.

Just a little background before I get started: I am in Tokyo for two weeks visiting my girlfriend, Fumiko. She and I met seven years ago through a mutual friend (thanks Tom Kimball!). We started dating last September. Prior to this trip I was last in Japan during the early 1980's. I was in the Navy stationed on the USS Blue Ridge in Yokosuka from December 1980 to July 1984. It was only a few months past my 18th birthday, and a week before Christmas, when I first arrived. Those were wonderful years and I always thought I would return. I just didn't think it would take 23+ years.... Well, it's great to be back!

I will try to post often, and especially with photos. I did not change the date or time settings on my laptop when I left California so, although I am 16 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time (PST), the time and date on each post are in PST/US calendar. Feel free to post comments and ask questions.

No comments: